Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Culinary Adventure in Singapore -(Wisata Boga di Singapur)

Fish Taiyaki

More bread
Gelato of many weird flavors ranging from panna cota to black sesame seeds
Cakes Galore
Prawn noodles - super spicy and super hot! (in Bedok food arena)
More Bedok Shops -> Pig Organ Soup Shop (T.T) - not my kind of food..

Young Chaw Tofu (err..derno how to spell it) - gyah, i haven't seen so many fresh vegies in such a long time! Although I didn't end up eating it, but i thought it was colourful.

Hey y'all, apologies for the late update. I've just been extremely busy after my arrival back in Auckland. Well, me and a couple of friends decided to set up a food stall which was held in the Lantern Festival. It was an Indonesian and Malaysian food stall so we sold food like chicken, lamb and beef satay, popiah, fried mantao eaten with condensed milk, chargrilled corn and roti canai. It was sooo busy, and hectic - I didn't have time to update. So again, apologies yah! right now i'm free so I can update as much as I can.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the food that I tried while I was in Singapore. Seriously, through my holiday, I just realised that Asians eat or Snack so much! There were like so many different kinds, like bread, cakes, and also I think singaporeans are crazy about Japanese food! everywhere I go there are like Japanese food and Japanese styled everything around. Hm.. I bet Taiwan is like Singapore as well. Hmm.. one of the craziest is that this food stall that I went to in Bedok. They sell Pig Organ Soup! *Furk*, neva seen such thing before - and i think they were quite busy. Hm.. they surely know how to recycle and use every piece of food resources to the max. I didn't dare to try - it freaked me out. Oh, I also had heaps of sugar cane juice. Enakkk makk nyakk.. huehue.

Basically, I enjoyed going to Singapore a lot, may be because I went as a tourist so I had heaps of money to spend. I bought 8 pairs of shoes from far east. some nice little cardigan - and several bags. But most of my money went to food - *sigh, like you wouldn't guess otherwise..lol*. Hmm.. it's really lively - unlike New Zealand (T.T). Pokoke, I really like it there - I wish to one day move there. I also went to the Biopolis - with my own efforts, *not the uncle's* by MRT. Not too far away and was really easy to get there yay! Hm.. after a week we went home to Jakarta.. tanah airkuww

No comments: