Friday, December 01, 2006

Pan Au Yoplait / Yogurt Bread


Waahh.. Enaaakkkkkk!

Another day, another bread making experiment!! I tried substituting milk with yogurt! And the bread was so soft and fragrant! Also, with these new set of bread that I'm trying, I used less butter and less eggs - so basically, it's healthy: especially for my dad who is fat and sodium conscious. Must try, must try, must try, must try, must try, must try. Also, I kneaded the dough by hand, not by machine and somehow, I'm getting better results. Why the hell that is I'm not so sure, but it's Oishii (delicious in Japanese: see how these Jap is rubbing off to me after watching too much Jap series). Okay here goes

Mixture A
100 g high grade flour
1 sachet yeast
150 mL warm water
  • mix everything together, let it stand for 15-20 minutes

Mixture B
400 g high grade flour
50 g sugar
150 mL yogurt (I used a tub of natural yogurt by Yoplait)
1 egg yolk (keep the egg white to brush the buns before baking)
1 tablespoon of butter/margerine
  • mix flour and sugar together
  • Add in Mixture A, yogurt and egg yolk into the flour mixture, if dough is too runny can add 1 tablespoon of flour
  • knead for 10 minutes with your hand until everything is incorporated
  • add in the butter
  • knead for a further 10 minutes until the dough is elastic and shiny
  • preheat your oven to 30 C for 5 minutes, then turn off
  • place dough in an oiled bowl and let it ferment for 1 hour in the preheated oven
  • then, punch the gas down from these dough by dropping a fist into the dough. (careful not to knead by this stage)
  • shape dough to your preference
  • place back in the oven for 5 minutes
  • brush the dough with egg white
  • preheat the oven to 160C for 10 minutes before baking the bread

No comments: