Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Will I end up an 'enci-enci' in 10 years time?

"enci-enci" (tante-tante) is an Indonesian term used to describe chinese ladies above the age of 30 which seem to show several or all of the following characteristics:

  • loss of feminine curves due to fat deposition especially in the torso area
  • uncontrollable anger particularly towards their significant other and children
  • high pitched voice
  • short hair - almost like Demi More's from the movie "Ghost" or just plain boy cut
  • weird sense of fashion, colour co-ordination and make up.

I brought up this topic because I'm of chinese descendent and I (or you) may have a high probability of ending up as one in 10 years time. So, I've decided to start habits which I think will stop me evolving into an "enci-enci" over the next ten years. Some of them are:

Exercising

  • I find that if I take walks 30 minutes/day it will make me feel happier and healthier. "Mensana Incorpore Sano: a healthy mind is found in a healthy body"
  • may be weight training? (i've never done this before - if anybody knows can you tell me?)

Taking care of myself

  • I try to eat a lot of raw vegetables and fruits to give me antioxidants good for skin
  • I found my most suitable facial skin care
  • I try to avoid as much make up as possible, except: lipgloss and mascara
  • I try to have enough sleep

I try to wear coloured clothes with good fit

  • I think that wearing coloured clothes in a co-ordinated way can make me feel better. I like khaki and the more earthy colours in particular and I also like dresses ^^

I try to solve problems with people and keep a positive attitude

  • I know that I'm not particularly good in this, but I'm working on it

Ok, I really really really hope this will stop me from becoming an enci-enci, but if you have any other suggestions - please feel free to feedback because it may not only benefit me but also many people :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"embok-embok"

Unknown said...

because you worry about it you will prob fail :P -- i am sure enci-enci constantly worry about it :P

(pity about that deleted post, altho perhaps better deleted... it was one of those rare posts where you get a real window into another's life...)