Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas Sugar Cookies

Before Baking
Sugar cookies before decorations
Anpanman
Rudolph (without antlers) - can you guess which one?
Xmas decorations
It's 12 more days before Christmas, I've already started my cookies baking, so it doesnt go crazy when it's closer to the day. Anyway, my first creation was these sugar cookies! Hm.. to be quite honest, I don't like them so much cuz it's so sweet.. I used royal icing to decorate them.. again, i thought they were incredibly sweet so I dont like them very much, may be I'd use less sugar the next time I bake these cookies. Anyhow, baking and the decoration were the best, me and my sis made a complete mess in the kitchen! Waa..can't wait till christmas ^^, Oh btw, I uploaded my all time favorite christmas songs.. spend time in listening to them - cuz they can make you feel so happy ^^

Cookie Dough:
  • 490 g flour
  • 300 g sugar
  • 227 g butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
Beat butter and sugar till fluffy, add in eggs and beat until incorporated. Add in sifted flour,salt and baking powder. Mix until it forms a soft dough. Divide into two portions, wrap each in glad wrap and refrigerate until the dough is firm. THis will help with the cutting. Then, cut to your desired shapes - place them in parchment paper then bake at 175C for approximately 10 minutes.

Royal Icing
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 3 cups of icing sugar
Beat egg white and lemon juice together till stiff, then mix in 3 cups of icing sugar (sifted). Then can put colouring of your choice. Pipe onto the cooled cookies. THe icing will get stiff and dry when exposed to air, so be sure to cover it at all times. And make sure the icing on the cookies are dry before storing them in an air tight container. ^^

1 comment:

Unknown said...

uhmm... they look pretty. nice to have another indonesian foodie blogger in auckland. you can join us for having auckland foodie bloggers get together-summer festive at my farm in south auckland if you wish. contact me if you're interested. my email is on my profile sheet. keep in touch!