Thursday, November 02, 2006

Klepon

Little Round Swamp Things

I remember eating these little things back in Jakarta right after school. They used to be sold in a little cart where the man that sold it sold another green coloured cake called "kue putu" and I used to buy them as soon as I get back from school. It's been my absolute most favorite kueh eversince I was little and nothing could be better.. hehe.. Then when I went to Australia, my mum learnt how to make them from this Malaysian friend of hers and I was 8 back then. I still remember how it was made in a cold night in Canberra. Anyway, i've decided to share the recipe with y'all.. syapa tau pada kangen juga :P

You'll need:
  • 200 g of glutinous rice flour (tepung ketan)
  • 3/4 cup of water
  • Pandan Paste
  • 75g Palm Sugar/Gula melaka/Gula Jawa = sliced thinly
  • dessicated coconuts
How to make it:
  1. Mix glutinous rice flour with water and 2 drops of pandan paste, bit by bit using your hands. Stop adding water when you can form a non-sticky ball.
  2. Heat up some water in a pan and make sure it's boiling
  3. Meanwhile, take a teaspoonful of the rice flour mix, form it into a ball and fill it with the sugar. Take care to completely enclose the sugar with the flour mix. Do so until flour mixture is finished
  4. Place it in boiling water, when it's cooked, it'll float to the top of the water level. When this happens, wait for another 1 minute before putting it into a strainer (saringan) to let off excess water (You can make your klepon and boil it at the same time to save time)
  5. Roll it in coconut.

3 comments:

dead sea princess said...

very nica blog.say the princess of
the dead sea.

coffeeliqueur said...

whua..kleppooonnn!!Gue demen banget cuman males banget bikinnya. Eh BTW, lu tau gimana bikin kue putu ga? Kangen nih ma kue putu.

Angie said...

huahua ada guwa resepnya, tapi ngak ada kukusan, kemaren panci guwa ilang.. (><). I want a new panci.. lol.. so I can make kue2 yg dikukus. ini klepon gampang banget buatnya
15 menit jadi!