Friday, October 27, 2006

I hope you like it, auntie..


Yesterday and the days before yesterday, I've been really really really pressurised in getting the draft of my thesis done since my supervisors are going away today to Buenos Aires for conference and my main supervisor is going on a cruise holiday with his wife and wont be back till the hand in time of my thesis. So lately I've been sleeping till 4 o'clock in the morning trying to finish off the draft and I was quite stressed. hehehe..so to unwind, i bought a small bottle of Coruba at a little liquor shop in Upper Queen St and i got it for a cheaper price than other places. Anyway, since i knew it was gb's mum's birthday, i decided to bake her the cake... it's chocolate sponge cake brushed with the coruba and filled with creamcheese and strawberries, then it's washed with white chocolate and Dark Chocolate gratings. For the sides.. I made marbled effect white chocolate which I learnt from this basic chocolate technique VCD (It's by Yonki Gunawan - if any of you are interested, there were 5 volumes). It took me the whole day to make - i mean, i had to buy the ingredients to the mall, walk around and look for the matching ingredients.. and so voila! I came out with this!! ^^ I'm pretty impressed myself... i hope it doesnt taste bad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my mom said she liked it ;)

Anonymous said...

hauhuahuahuahua....... hauuhauhauha.... my idea :)... make me one sometimes ok :P


~Ray

Anonymous said...

huauhauhau.. ur welcam....

speaking of which, you are actually one of a kind .... i dont know whether your bf notices that or not... :) well.. your bf should be very lucky to have you.. you can cook, creative, caring ... even on ur bf mom's bday, you made a cake for her.. what a nice girlfriend.... :) imagine this!! you have such a caring girlfriend and you take her for granted.. i cant imagine what will happen if that person lost her one day... one thing that you want from someone that you love is simply "caring" ... lhoo koq gue jadi kebanyakn bacot yah.. oh well.. but that's true.. wahh.. bisa dibikin kue lagi!!! wahh cowo lu punya nyokap pasti happy donk dibikinin yah?? ato ... she doesnt care??hahaha.. well I HOPE NOT!!! so for whoever OWNS her, take a good care of her..hueuheuehu... once a week i came by here and look at this blog.. so many creative things created within this blog ... and once again, you are one of a kind .. :).. SOoooo... for you whoever the bf is .. please take a good care of her.. cuz you wont find any one better than her.. trust me in this one DUDE!...

Mr. Bomb

Angie said...

waa.. thanks mr.bomb :3

Anonymous said...

you are very very welcome.. come on now! ... think about it guys... take a look at this BLOG one more time.. one by one.. line by line... word by word... picture by picture... I MEAN... "HELLOOWWW!!!" .... take a close look at this blog.. if u have someone that take you for granted... that BOY should be ashame of him self.. u wont FIND this kind of girl anywhere else.. i can guarantee you.!!!.. if i have a gf like this.. my life is like heaven.. food food food.. wahh... all of the sudden ... 100 kg... then im gonna ask her to make me a "diet" cake .. so the more u eat, the more fat will get burnt out ... hmmm.. is there such thing?? i guess not..

bottom line is ....
u are the best .. one of a kind ...
that's all i can say.. for u (her bf).. be happy that you have her... or else .. you will regret forever .. for the rest of your life.. If you dont.. then your heart is like an ASS .. meaning "no heart" ... anyway..hahaha.. what the hell am i talkin about!!! lecturing other people i dont know about..hahaha.. cheers